#10 A litany of clusterf*cks

#10    A litany of clusterf*cks


So, a quick summary of our recent local show, now we've had a week to digest it.

Basically, it was a litany of clusterf*cks πŸ™„

1. A massive rush ensues on the morning, because they were flying through the classes in Ring 3, which was the ring that all of my poor friend's classes were in. Since she was very kindly giving us - and all of our gear - a lift up in her wagon, we got ready in a rush too. Although previously bathed and rugged, Flora had decided to wallow in a mire the night before. With some help from our friends though, we were clean, plaited and ready.

2. Non-horsey husband met us at the showground in order to be groom for the day. But then, despite all the rushing, we had to wait over 2 hours for our 80cm jumping class. Poor Flora needed warming up about 3 times, and by the time we finally got into the (very slippery) grass ring, after an absolute downpour and without studs, I'd lost both the patience and focus I needed.

3. She was going so well but, given my frame of mind, I jumped the wrong fence πŸ™ˆ. So...

4. I entered the 90cm, so we could at least jump a full course correctly. We did it well in a good time; she just clipped one and had an unlucky pole down. To be fair to her, she had been messed about and had such a long day already, she should have had them all down. She was an absolute trooper all day ❤️

5. There were only 2 people in the 90cm after all that, so we got an only partly deserved 2nd place
πŸ™ˆ. At this point, I was ready to sack the rest of the show off. My poor poor husband. If he hadn't been able to listen to the test match special all day, I think we'd have been on our own 😳

6. Next was the riding horse class. Another rush to make it. Another 2nd place in a class of 4 this time. Better than a class of 2, I suppose.

7. Was about to leave and noticed there was only one competitor in the retrained racehorse class. Jokingly asked the judge if the other rider wanted someone to compete against. Judge asked me if Flora had a Weatherbys passport. I said yes, so she told me to come in.

8. Spectator complains that my horse hasn't actually raced, only been in training. I'm aware that this still classifies her as eligible🐎, but it's been a long old day, so I said I was happy not to bother.

9. Judge and steward say that it's an unaffiliated show, so training only is fine. Check with both RoR website and show secretary. They say fine too.

10. So we did it, Flora was superb, and we won, albeit only against one person πŸ˜•. It was only Flora's 2nd ever show of this kind, and only the third time she'd ever worn a double bridle, so I was so proud of her. Given the circumstances, she'd been a total superstar all day 🌟

10. Received verbal abuse over Flora's eligibility and my age(?!) πŸ΄πŸ‘΅πŸ»

11. Ride home feeling incredibly deflated.
12. Lose my red rosette on the way anyway. 😩

13. The End. πŸ™ˆ

#horsebloggers
#showinglife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#15 First Encounters of the Flora Kind

#4 It was Acceptable in the 80s (and 90s) Part I

#18 Project Relax Day 1