#23 Dressage Test Blackout

Unaffiliated Prelim again, but this time, it’s the second Prelim class of the day rather than the first. Simply due to the fact we’re relying on a lift from a very helpful, lorry-owning friend, partaking in the final class of the day. And therefore, we are attempting to make the smallest nuisance of ourselves possible.

Anyway, anyone who read my post after our last attempt might remember that my biggest issue was the big, fat, inevitable MEMORY LOSS 🧠❌. And that was a simple test. This one, even though it’s the same bloody level, is complex! Not in terms of the movements, just the basic route around the arenaπŸ™ˆ.

Hence, I am sitting with a Merlot, drawing silly little diagrams whilst trying to visualise the test without looking down at the paper. Like some kind of weird spiritual medium, allowing the Dressage Gods to use my unworthy, shite-at-dressage body as a vessel to communicate the test to the paper.



It’s not the first time this kind of mental powercut has occurred either.

I usually have a pretty good memory, and I can learn a test within minutes. But send me down the centreline towards a judge’s 4x4, or ring the bell before I set off round a course, and you’d forgive a person for thinking I’d become Jason Bourne. Or Harold Bishop. Or the bird from ‘50 First Dates’ with Adam Sandler. “Oh, C again! Great! Where do I go next???”  It matters not that a few days earlier, I had the thing down pat faster than fucking Rainman.πŸ™„

Alas, I may have to seek out a reader this time. There’s no penalty (I don’t think) and I like the fact I’ll have to donate a pound to the Air Ambulance for the privilege too.

Let’s just hope I won’t need to use them 🚁 πŸŽπŸ™πŸ».
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#15 First Encounters of the Flora Kind

#4 It was Acceptable in the 80s (and 90s) Part I

#18 Project Relax Day 1